▪ Uzbekistan gymnast Oksana Chusovitina retired this year after participating in 8 Olympic Games – Chusovitina scored an average of 14.166 in the women’s vault category, failing to proceed to the finals.
▪ On Monday, Philippine weightlifter Hidilyn Diaz won the country’s first-ever gold medal.
▪ On Monday, US swimmer Katie Ledecky won a silver medal for the women’s 400-meter freestyle, and the men’s 4×100-meter freestyle relay team came first, winning gold.
▪ On Tuesday, US swimmer Ryan Murphy won bronze at the finals of men’s 100m backstroke. US swimmers Lydia Jacoby and Lilly King won gold and bronze, respectively, at the women’s 100m breaststroke finals.
▪ As of July 27th, 12:30 AM PDT, Team USA has won 21 medals in total, including eight gold, five silver, and eight bronze medals – tying at first place with China for the total number of medals won.
▪ A Tokyo 2020 Olympics official press release announced, “Due to a tropical storm, the inaugural Olympic surfing finals have been moved to Tuesday, 27 July (JST).”
Citable curated timelines of major events, showcasing the facts chronologically as they happened.